Disgusting and Dysfunctional

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ok, first disgusting:

I veered across three lanes of traffic to make a left turn on my way home from the pool last night. Why? The Speedway gas station was selling gas for $2.789 per gallon and I was COMPLETELY ECSTATIC. Disgusting that I have been conditioned to think that this is a GOOD price. That whole 'cheat an extra penny out of 'em per gallon by making it 2.789 instead of 2.79' irritates me too, but I digress.

Next, dysfunctional:

I saw "Little Miss Sunshine" this weekend. Loved it. If you aren't familiar with the film, it stars Greg Kinnear, Toni Collete, Alan Arkin and Steve Carell and is about a family determined to get their young daughter into the finals of a beauty pageant by taking a cross-country trip in their VW bus. As my mother would say, "that family is as nutty as a bag of squirrels", but then again, what family isn't? Nonetheless, cute story, laugh out loud funny moments, and really great casting.

Next, disgusting and dysfunctional:







Ok, ok. I know it's mean to laugh at someone else's troubles. It's just that I can't help pulling out the old Nick Nolte mug shot when I need a good giggle.

9 comments

Molly said...

yeah, that is disgusting...

I want to see Little Miss Sunshine, it looks like something I would enjoy, I think, but I hardly ever go to the movies anymore.

2:20 PM
Nit Wit said...

Gee, old Nick looks like me on a good day.
We have a gas station called Sheets that opened up a few weeks ago.
They are now in a price war with Wal-mart, and Pilot. Current price for regular, $2.29.9. I love price wars!

4:24 PM
Lauren said...

RYC: 872 days too long!!!

I guess ya don't wanna hear that I filled up last night for 2.579. . .

I've heard from several people that Little Miss Sunshine is pretty darned funny. . . Guess I need to add that one to the list. . .

Ol' Nick is a real piece of work, isn't he?? How does someone with his means fall so far into the gutter?

Laterz!!

5:49 PM
Nancy said...

I love his shirt! Gas here today at cumerland farms was $2.64. Lowest it's ever been.

6:52 PM
Phats said...

It was 2.51 here!! :) Keeps going down, I am keeping my fingers crossed that trend continues

10:24 PM
leo myshkin said...

i think nick's a cool dude and i'll bet there are lots of people that would pay their stylist/barber a fortune to get that look.

he almost has a kilgore trout look to him.

10:00 AM
Kristin said...

OK, can I make you jealous? Not as good as Nit Wit, but our gas prices are down to $2.54 a gallon! Whoo-hoo, baby!!!!

:-)

11:31 AM
mrshife said...

Little Miss Sunshine was awesome. Loved it. And I would have done the same thing for those gas prices. We are at $2.94 still.

And Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a good one.

1:23 PM
Reg said...

$2.79??? I haven't seen gas under $3.00 in over six months. $3.19 is damn good price and I drive out of my way to get it. You non-Californians have it soooooo good!

12:00 AM