Amazing News!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Little bit political here - so sorry.




I nearly wrecked the car last night when I heard this news. It is especially poignant since it was announced that last Friday 66 bodies were exhumed from a mass grave created by the Srebrenica massacre in July 1995.

Why do I care (aside from being a decent, empathetic human being)? Before I became a lady shark I was Lady Military Translator supporting the peace mission in the Balkans. This bastard has haunted my dreams for the last 15 years. There is nothing whatsoever that the courts could do to him that would bring justice. He better hope that the higher being is merciful.

2 comments

buddha_girl said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one! I heard the same news while cooking dinner the other night. I like to think that there's a special torture place for demons like him.

9:07 AM
billy pilgrim said...

ethnic cleansing seems to be alive and well in the enlightened 20th and 21st centuries with little political will to stop it.

we are a primitive species.

9:55 AM