Blogging Granny

Monday, May 25, 2009

No, goofies, not me. I'm getting old but in no circumstance do I qualify as a granny yet.

Have you heard about Maria Amelia Lopez? She was 97 years old when she passed away last week. I read about her the day after she died; I can't remember where (maybe El Pais?) but apparently she is being mourned all around the world. Click for CNN coverage and her picture HERE. Anyway, she has been blogging right here on Blogger for the last 2-3 years telling the stories of her life and meeting people over the interwebz. How seriously awesome is that? There are even videos of her talking about how life was when she got married and apparently there are her recollections of life under Franco and other things that were really just the ordinary incidents of life to her; but are historically relevant to those of us left behind.

It will take me a while to go through and read every post, and I will do it. The sad part for me is I only wish I had known about Sra. Maria Amelia while she was alive. What an amazing legacy not only for her family and friends, but also as a reminder for the rest of us that being old doesn't mean we aren't interesting. At least in my humble opinion, that is.

So, if you happen to read espanol, then cruise on over to her blog and get to know her.

1 comment

adnx said...

Gracias por el comentario en mi blog, un abrazo.

9:49 AM